R&E Automated is an internationally recognized leader in the automation, engineering and prototype build industries servicing over 500 customers worldwide. Our team offers the most comprehensive services to the automation community with efficiency and precision.
Controls Field Service
R&E’s Controls Field Service Group offers 24/7 coverage 365 days a year. We can support a multitude of hardware and software platforms. Our services range from design and commissioning to debugging, as well as production support.
- Approach—Collaboration of efforts and direction, smart solutions, clear explanations, on-time focus and knowledge transfer
- Functional Experience—PLC programming, motion control, HMI and SCADA, vision inspection, PC based control, line tracking, FIS systems and vehicle scheduling
- Developer Expertise—Siemens, Allen Bradley, GE Cimplicity, Wonderware, Omron, Mitsubishi, Modicon and Pilz
R&E Automated is able to automate everything from single robot cells to entire plants. Our expertise covers virtually every robot brand and model as well as an impressive list of application knowledge. Supported applications and industrial expertise include the following:
- Spot/Stud/MIG/TIG welding, sealing, riveting, clinching, flow drill, laser braze welding and roller hemming material handling, palletizing and all associated pedestal applications
- Vision: Fanuc iRVision 2D and 3D, Inos and Cognex
- Robot Commissioning and Line Setup: program development and download, I/O configuration, interference zones, robot dress, auto debug and PLC support
- Cycle time reduction, throughput and process improvement
Supported robot safety software—Fanuc DCS, ABB Safemove, Kawasaki Cubic-S, KUKA Safe Operation and Motoman FSU
Weld Engineering and Verification
R&E weld engineers perform engineering evaluations and analyses. Our engineers thoroughly perform material evaluations, design reviews, operations support, safety analysis, engineering methods and software development. We also analyze our customers’ procedures and systems for quality control. Our capabilities include the following:
- Weld Engineering Capabilities
- Gas Metal Arc Welding—Process and quality improvements, production support, Lincoln, Miller, SKS, Fronius
- CWIs—Combat vehicle codes and military standards, experience with all national standards
- Resistance Spot Welding—Process and quality improvements, throughput, expulsion reduction, design support, production support, Bosch, Medar, WTC and Matuschek
- Verification Capabilities
- Metallographic Prototype or Production Verification—4 complete examination stations available for in-house use or can be rented for use at a customer facility with a trained technician.
- Non-Destructive—Tessonics Resistance Spot Weld Analyzers with trained operators. Available for off-site support if required.
- Physical Destruct—Capable of complete BIW destructs with detailed reporting.